Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Patient

Patient.  We are told to strive for this virtue, but what does it really mean to be patient?  The definition says a patient person is someone who can bear provocation, annoyance, misfortune, delay, hardship, pain, etc., with fortitude and calm and without complaint or anger.  (YIKES!) They are quietly and steadily persevering or diligent, especially in detail or exactness. (Not exceeding there)  And having or showing the capacity for endurance. (OK, maybe I can do this one)
Why would God want us to be patient?  I guess it is because He knows "in this life there will be many troubles".  We are guaranteed trouble, so He is telling us in advance how we should approach those troubles.  My problem is that I don't always know I am in "trouble" until I am well into it.  I guess then, He must want me to be patient in all things...Oh, Boy! 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment